Sue Ruda is a nurse practitioner in our New Lenox office. She sees patients in the office, as well as in the hospital.
Sue received her Bachelor of Science in nursing from Rush University, and then began her career as a nurse in the Spine/Orthopaedic Unit at Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Medical Center. She also served as a practitioner teacher in the unit for three years. In 1989, Sue joined Parkview as a clinical nurse specialist. Dedicated to caring for others, she eventually chose to further her training and earned her Master of Science in nursing from Northern Illinois University, as well as a post-masters adult nurse practitioner certification from North Park University. Sue has served in her current role as a nurse practitioner at Parkview since 2007.
As a nurse practitioner at Parkview, Sue’s typical duties include diagnosing and treating medical conditions; ordering, performing and interpreting lab work, x-rays, MRIs and other diagnostic tests; and prescribing medications.
- M.S., Nursing, Northern Illinois University | DeKalb, IL
- B.S., Nursing, Rush University | Chicago, IL
Certifications & licensure
- Adult Nurse Practitioner (NP-C)
- Advanced Practice Nurse- Clinical Nurse Specialist- Illinois
- Advanced Practice Nurse- Certified Nurse Practitioner- Illinois
- Orthopedic Nurse Certified (ONC)
- Registered Professional Nurse- Illinois
- Nurse Practitioner, Parkview Orthopaedic Group | 2007 – present
- Clinical Nurse Specialist, Parkview Orthopaedic Group | 1989 – 2007
- Practitioner Teacher, Spine/Ortho Unit, Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Medical Center | 1986 – 1989
- Staff Nurse, Spine/Ortho Unit, Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Medical Center
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- National Association of Orthopaedic Nurses
- Numerous journal and book chapters on various topics in orthopaedics