Dr. Anis Mekhail is a fellowship-trained orthopaedic spine surgeon. He treats a wide variety of spine-related injuries and conditions, with a special interest in minimally invasive spine surgery, scoliosis, osteoporosis, tumors, and reconstructive spine surgery for adults and children.
As an experienced spine surgeon who is committed to clinical excellence, Dr. Mekhail believes that quality care is driven not only by the skill of the physician, but also by his/her relationship with the patient. He is committed to listening to the patient’s needs, having open communication, and involving the patient in the treatment plan.
Conservative/non-surgical treatment options are often the first step on the road to recovery following diagnosis. These options include, among other things, exercise, weight loss, pain control, and epidural injections. When it does come to surgery, Dr. Mekhail has extensive experience in minimally invasive procedures and advanced rehabilitation techniques. He and his team are dedicated to providing the best possible care to help their patients return to work and play and recapture a better quality of life.
Dr. Mekhail is also experienced in treating workers’ compensation patients. He has a strong understanding of the importance of communication among treating medical professionals, case managers and adjustors. When it comes to work-related injuries, the goal of the spine team is to get patients back to work, pain-free as quickly as possible. Dr. Mekhail and his team currently treat a large volume of injured workers from a variety of industries in the Chicagoland area, and have extensive experience providing them with high-quality, timely, and cost-effective care.
Dr. Mekhail is currently accepting new patients in our Palos Heights office location.
DR. MEKHAIL’S SPECIALTIES
- Fellowship, Spine Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Foundation | Cleveland, OH | 2002-2003
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Illinois at Chicago | Chicago, IL | 1997-2002
- M.D., Ain Shams University School of Medicine | Cairo, Egypt | 1987
- Dean’s List
- Magna Cum Laude
Certifications & licensure
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons | July 2005
- North American Spine Society
- Mid-America Orthopaedic Association
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association
- Egyptian Orthopaedic Association