Dr. Kyle MacGillis joined Parkview Orthopaedic Group in August 2018 after completing his medical school and surgical training in and around Chicago, IL. He is fellowship-trained in hand and upper extremity surgery. Dr. MacGillis has published several peer-reviewed articles on hand surgery, including assessment and evaluation of common hand conditions such as carpal and cubital tunnel syndrome and soft tissue masses of the hand.
Born and raised in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Dr. MacGillis attended Pius XI High School. He received his bachelor’s degree from Lawrence University in Appleton, WI, where he played for the men’s basketball team, earning all-academic and all-conference honors and serving as team captain during his senior season.
In 2012, Dr. MacGillis earned his medical degree from the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science. He completed his orthopaedic surgery residency at the University of Illinois at Chicago, followed by a year of fellowship in hand and upper extremity surgery at Stony Brook University in New York.
Dr. MacGillis now resides in the western suburbs of Chicago with his wife and three sons. He enjoys most sports and outdoor activities, including fishing.
He is accepting new patients in our Palos Heights, Mokena and Oak Lawn office locations.
Dr. MACGILLIS’ SPECIALTIES
- Fellowship, Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery, Stony Brook University | Stony Brook, NY | 2017-2018
- Residency, Dept. of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Illinois at Chicago | Chicago, IL | 2012-2017
- M.D., Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science | North Chicago, IL | 2008-2012
- B.A., Biology, Lawrence University | Appleton, WI | 2002-2006
Certifications & licensure
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery- Part I, Passed | 2017
- Research Technologist in the Department of Physiology, Medical College of Wisconsin | Milwaukee, WI | 2006-2008
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
Awards & honors
- Outstanding Performance in Hand Service Award, University of Illinois Orthopaedic Surgery Residency | Chicago, IL | 2017
- ASSH/AFSH Annual Meeting Scholarship, 71st Annual Meeting of American Society for Surgery of the Hand | Austin, TX | 2016
- Gold Humanism in Medicine Society, Chicago Medical School, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science | North Chicago, IL | 2011
- Outstanding Student Research Talk, All School Research Consortium, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science | North Chicago, IL | 2010
Publications, presentations and research
- Schwarzman, GR, Schwarzman LS, MacGillis K, Gonzalez MH. A Systematic Review of Upper Extremity Neuropathy Following Total Hip Arthroplasty. Hip Int. 2020 Nov;30(6):673-678.
- Patel, KR, Fralinger D, MacGillis KJ, Wright-Chisem J, Mejia A. The Anesthetic Effectiveness of J-Tip Needle-Free Injection System Prior to Trigger Finger Injection: A Double-Blind Randomized Clinical Trial. Hand(N.Y.). 2019 Dec 3:1558944719890035.
- MacGillis, K., Heaberlin, J., Mejia, A. Clinical Decision Making for a Soft Tissue Hand Mass When and How to Biopsy. J Hand Surg Am. 2018 Dec;43(12):1123-1129.
- Steffes, M., Tayne, S., Osmani, F., Edwards, G., MacGillis, K., Kim, W., Goldberg, B. “Triceps Repair and Restoration of Triceps Footprint With Anchorless Suture Fixation.” Tech Hand Up Extrem Surg. 2018 Sep;22(3):89-93.
- MacGillis, K., King D. “Nonoperative Management of Multiple Hand Enchondromas in Ollier Disease With Progressive Ossification.” Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ). 2015 Sep;44(9):E343-346.
- MacGillis, K., Mejia, A., Siemionow, MZ. “Hand compression neuropathy: An assessment guide.” J Fam Pract. 2016 Jul;65(7):462-471.