Dr. Kevin Luke is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in joint replacement, treatment of complex fractures and trauma. He is very invested in his patients’ outcomes and goals and believes that communication and understanding are key to a successful outcome. As Dr. Luke says,
“I treat my patients like I would treat myself. They deserve quality care and an understanding of what treatment options are available, the likely outcome of each, as well as the risks and benefits.”
Dr. Luke earned his bachelor’s degree from Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois, and then his medical degree from Rush Medical College in Chicago. He completed his residency in orthopaedic surgery at Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Medical Center. In 1989, he joined Parkview Orthopaedic Group and served as one of the team physicians for the Chicago White Sox from 1989 until 2003.
Today, Dr. Luke serves as an attending surgeon at Advocate Christ Medical Center and Palos Hospital. Dr. Luke also holds academic appointments as a Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago and as an Instructor in Orthopaedic Surgery at the Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Dr. Luke’s research efforts have resulted in numerous publications and have led to presentations and lectures on a national and international level. Dr. Luke has assisted in the design, development and testing of multiple orthopaedic trauma implants and continues to serve as a consultant for leading orthopaedic companies. A recipient of numerous awards, he currently serves as the Medical Director of the Bone & Joint Institute and the Residency Program Director for the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Advocate Christ Medical Center.
Dr. Luke is currently accepting new patients in our Palos Heights and Oak Lawn office locations.
DR. LUKE’S SPECIALTIES
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Medical Center | Chicago, IL | 1985-1989
- M.D., Rush Medical College | Chicago, IL | 1984
- B.A., Biology and B.A., Psychology, Northwestern University | Evanston, IL | 1980
- Mortar Board Society
- Gamma Alpha Lambda Honor Society
- Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society
Certifications & licensure
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons | July 1991
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Illinois State Medical Society
- Illinois Orthopaedic Society
- Chicago Medical Society