Dr. Robert Semba is a general orthopaedic surgeon at Parkview Orthopaedic Group. He treats a wide variety of musculoskeletal issues, ranging from simple fractures to congenital disorders to wear-and-tear problems typically found later in life. His practice focuses on both nonoperative solutions like physical therapy and steroid injections, as well as arthroscopic surgery, trauma surgery, and joint reconstruction and replacement.
Dr. Semba grew up in Minneapolis. Raised in a family of physicians, he says he was destined for the medical field. He moved to the west coast to attend Stanford University for his undergraduate studies, then returned to the Midwest to pursue his M.D. at the University of Minnesota Medical School. In 1987, he completed his residency in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Minnesota.
Dr. Semba’s goal for patients is a quick and safe return to normal activity and function, and he works cooperatively with every patient to make sure that goal is met.
He is currently accepting new patients in our New Lenox and Joliet office locations.
DR. SEMBA’S SPECIALTIES
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Minnesota | Minneapolis, MN | 1983-1987
- Internship, Department of Surgery, Hennepin County Medical Center | Minneapolis, MN | 1981-1983
- M.D., University of Minnesota Medical School | Minneapolis, MN | 1981
- B.S., Biological Sciences & B.A., Political Science, Stanford University | Palo Alto, CA | 1976
Certifications & licensure
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons | July 1989
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Illinois State Medical Society
- Chicago Medical Society