Dr. Paul DeFrino is board-certified in orthopaedic surgery and specializes in the treatment of foot and ankle disorders, fractures and trauma. As a fellowship-trained foot and ankle surgeon, Dr. DeFrino has experience in the treatment of complex foot and ankle conditions. He provides all of his patients with a unique and highly individualized treatment plan focused on restoring function and mobility. He uses a range of advanced techniques and treatment options, from conservative non-surgical to complex surgical reconstruction.
Dr. DeFrino came to Parkview Orthopaedic Group following a fellowship in foot and ankle surgery at Baylor University in Dallas, Texas. He earned his medical degree from Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine, where he also completed his residency in orthopaedic surgery.
He currently serves as an attending surgeon at Advocate Christ Medical Center and Palos Hospital. He is an Instructor in Orthopaedic Surgery at the Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine and the University of Illinois. He is a member of the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society and the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
Dr. DeFrino is currently welcoming new patients in our Palos Heights and Oak Lawn office locations.
DR. DEFRINO’S SPECIALTIES
- Fellowship, Foot and Ankle Surgery, Baylor University | Dallas, TX | 1998-1999
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, Northwestern University Medical School | Chicago, IL | 1993-1998
- M.D., Northwestern University Medical School | Chicago, IL | 1993
- B.A., Political Science, Columbia University | New York, NY | 1988
Certifications & licensure
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons | July 2001
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons – Diplomate
- American Medical Association
- Illinois State Medical Society
- Chicago Medical Society