Dr. Bayran is a board-certified anesthesiologist, with subspecialty certification in pain management. He performs various procedures in-office, such as epidural steroid injections and nerve blocks, that are used to diagnose and treat back and neck pain. Dr. Bayran can help to alleviate pain caused by a wide variety of conditions such as sciatica, spinal stenosis, spondylolisthesis, herniated discs and more. His specific clinical interests include lumbar and thoracic spine disorders, cervicogenic headaches, and Complex Region Pain Syndrome (CRPS).
Dr. Bayran completed his pre-med studies at the University of Timisoara in Romania. In 1991, he received his M.D. from Timisoara University of Medicine and Pharmacy. He completed both his residency in anesthesiology and his fellowship in interventional pain management at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Since 2002, Dr. Bayran has served as an Assistant Professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
He is fluent in conversational and medical English, Romanian and Persian, making him accessible to a wide patient demographic.
Dr. Bayran sees patients for consultations as well as procedures in our Palos Heights office location.
DR. BAYRAN’S SPECIALTIES
- Fellowship, Pain Management, University of Illinois at Chicago | Chicago, IL | 2002
- Residency, Anesthesiology, University of Illinois at Chicago | Chicago, IL | 2001
- Chief Resident, 2001 – 2002
- Internship, University of Illinois at Chicago | Chicago, IL | 1998
- Residency, Tehran University of Medical Science | Tehran, Iran | 1993
- M.D., Timisoara University of Medicine and Pharmacy | Timisoara, Romania | 1991
- Pre-Med, University of Timisoara | Timisoara, Romania | 1985
- American Board of Anesthesiology | April 2003
- Subspecialty Certified in Pain Medicine | September 2003
- USMLE STEP 3 | 2000
- USMLE Step 2 | 1996
- USMLE Step 1 | 1996
- State of Missouri Division of Professional Registration Physician and Surgeon | 2007 – present
- Illinois Physician and Surgeon’s | 2002 – Present
- Indiana Medical Licensing Board | 2002 – Present
- Assistant Professor, University of Illinois at Chicago | Chicago, IL | 2002 – present
- International Spinal Injection Society | 2001
- American Society of Anesthesiology | 1997
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia | 1997
- Medical Council of Iran | 1993
- Lu, Y; Laurito, C.; Beyranvand, N.; Sadoughi, A.R.; Yeomans, D.C.; (2001) Antinocicepetive Pharmacology Produced by Noradrenergic Descending Modulation for Responses to Different Rates of Noxious Radiant Heating, Regional Anesthesia And Pain Medicine, Vol. 26, pp.114
- Beyranvand, N.; Lu, Y; Laurito, C.; Yeomans, D.C.; Antihyperalgesia induced by Exposure of Mouse Skin to Herpes Simplex Virus, which encodes Antisense For CGRP; MARC Meeting 2000
- Beyranvand, N.; Lu, Y; Laurito, C.; Sadoughi, A.R.; Yeomans, D.C.; Antinocicepetive Pharmacology Produced by Noradrenergic Descending Modulation for Responses to Different Rates of Noxious Radiant Heating; MARC Meeting 2001