Lauren (Kuipers) Voss joined Parkview Orthopaedic Group in December 2018. Lauren is a certified physician assistant who works in our New Lenox location, primarily alongside Dr. Sampat.
Lauren earned her bachelor’s degree in biology from Trinity Christian College in April 2016. In 2018, she received her master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies from Midwestern University. Lauren became certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants in September 2018.
Lauren is a native of the southwest suburbs, and she even worked at Parkview for almost four years during her undergraduate studies as a Physical Therapy Technician. She also has more than four years of experience working as a Certified Nursing Assistant at Palos Hospital in Palos Heights, IL.
As a physician assistant at Parkview, Lauren’s primary responsibilities include assisting in surgical procedures; diagnosing illnesses; developing and managing treatment plans; ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests; prescribing medications; and more.
- M.S., Physician Assistant Studies, Midwestern University | Downer’s Grove, IL | August 2018
- B.S., Biology, Trinity Christian College | Palos Heights, IL | April 2016
- Minors in Chemistry, Psychology and Spanish
Certifications & licensure
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants | September 2018
- Illinois Sate Physician Assistant Licensure | November 2018
- ACLS & BLS certified
Clinical Rotation Experience
- Clinical core rotations in Family Medicine, Pediatrics, Internal Medicine, Women’s Health, Geriatrics, Emergency Medicine, General Surgery and Behavioral Medicine
- Clinical elective rotations in Orthopaedics and Cardiology
- Certified Nursing Assistant, Palos Health | July 2013 – October 2017
- Physical Therapy Technician, Parkview Orthopaedic Group | August 2012 – May 2016
- Microbiology Lab Assistant, Trinity Christian College | August 2013 – December 2014
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
Awards & Honors
- Outstanding Capstone Award, Overview of Atopic Dermatitis in the Pediatric Population | August 2018
- Maurice VanderVelde Junior Scholar Award | 2015-2016
- National Conference of Undergraduate Research (NCUR) | April 2016