Dr. Hussain is a board-certified anesthesiologist, with subspecialty certification in pain management.He performs in-office procedures, including epidural steroid injections and nerve blocks, that can help to alleviate pain caused by a wide variety of spinal conditions. Dr. Hussain’s special interests include chronic neck and back pain, musculoskeletal pain, and neuropathic pain disorders including Complex Region Pain Syndrome (CRPS).
Dr. Hussain graduated from the University of Chicago in 2001 with his B.A. in Biological Sciences. In 2006, he earned his M.D. from the University of Illinois College of Medicine. He completed his Residency in Anesthesiology at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, where he was elected Chief Resident. Dr. Hussain then completed a Fellowship in Interventional Pain Management at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons / St. Lukes – Roosevelt Hospital Center.
Dr. Hussain is currently accepting new patients with referrals for pain management. He is available in our New Lenox office location.
DR. HUSSAIN’S SPECIALTIES
- Fellowship, Interventional Pain Management, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons/St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital Center | New York, NY | 2012
- Residency, Anesthesiology, University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey | Newark, NJ| 2011
- Elected Chief Resident 2010 – 2011
- M.D., University of Illinois College of Medicine | Chicago, IL | 2006
- B.A. Biological Sciences, University of Chicago | Chicago, IL | 2001
- Dean’s List
- The American Board of Anesthesiology | October 2013
- Subspecialty Certified in Pain Medicine | September 2014
- State of Illinois
- State of New Jersey
- American Society of Anesthesiology
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
Research & Presentations
- Poster Presentation at American Society of Anesthesiology Annual Meeting, 2010 (San Diego, CA) – An Unusual Intraoperative Arrhythmia: Transient Left Bundle Branch Block in a patient under anesthesia
Systems Based Projects
- Design and Implementation of a “Cardiac crash cart” for unexpected cardiac/vascular OR events (2011)
- General Anesthesia for MRI Patients: What’s the Protocol? (2010)
- Blood Transfusion Protocol: Errors and Solutions (2009)
- Validation of transesophageal echocardiography with transabdominal ultrasound to measure renal resistive index and to predict acute kidney injury, Department of Anesthesiology, UMDNJ-NJMS