Dr. Farrell is a board-certified general orthopaedic surgeon at Parkview. He treats injuries of the knee, hip, shoulder, elbow and more.
Born and raised on the southside of Chicago, Dr. Farrell went on to complete his undergraduate studies at John Carroll University near Cleveland, Ohio. He earned his medical degree at the Loyola Stritch School of Medicine in Maywood, Illinois, and then completed his residency in orthopaedic surgery at the Hamot Medical Center in Erie, Pennsylvania. Dr. Farrell joined Parkview Orthopaedic Group in 1985. For almost twenty years after joining the group, Dr. Farrell also had the privilege of serving as one of the team physicians for the Chicago White Sox.
An expert in orthopaedic surgery, Dr. Farrell’s skill and compassion are often recognized by his patients and his peers. In 2017, readers of the of The Herald-News named Dr. Farrell the Best Orthopedic Doctor in Will County. The same year, he was the recipient of The Presence St. Joseph Medical Center 2017 Founders’ Award. This prestigious award “is the Medical Center’s highest honor, recognizing those who exemplify and commitment to Presence Health’s mission, vision and values.”
Dr. Farrell is currently accepting new patients in our New Lenox and Joliet office locations.
DR. FARRELL’S SPECIALTIES
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, Hamot Medical Center | Erie, PA | 1980-1985
- M.D., Loyola Stritch School of Medicine | Maywood, IL | 1980
- B.S., Chemistry, John Carroll University | University Heights, OH | 1977
Certifications & licensure
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons | July 1989
- Speaker for Pfizer Eliquis
- Speaker for Smith-Nephew Pico negative pressure wound dressings
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Chicago Medical Society
- Illinois State Medical Society
- Who’s Who In American High Schools and Colleges
- Alpha Sigma Nu (Jesuit Honor Society)