Allison Coenen is a certified physician assistant who joined Parkview Orthopaedic Group in August 2017. She works in tandem with Dr. Steven Wardell, seeing patients in the office and the hospital, and assisting him in surgical procedures.
Allison is a native Wisconsinite and received her bachelor’s degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in May 2015, where she graduated with Distinction. During her tenure at UW-Madison, she served as an Undergraduate Research Assistant at the School of Veterinary Medicine and as a Physiology Course lab volunteer and tutor. Throughout her undergraduate career, Allison also pursued her interest in healthcare by working as a Certified Nursing Assistant in several medical centers and home healthcare programs. After graduation, Allison moved to Chicago where she earned her master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies from Northwestern University in 2017.
As a physician assistant at Parkview, Allison’s primary responsibilities include assisting in surgical procedures; diagnosing illnesses; developing and managing treatment plans; ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests; prescribing medications; and more.
- M.S., Physician Assistant Studies, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine | Chicago, IL | May 2017
- B.S., Zoology, University of Wisconsin-Madison | Madison, WI | May 2015
- Minor in Global Health
- Distinctive Scholar Graduate
- Dean’s List, all semesters
Certifications & licensure
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Certified Nursing Assistant, Orthopedic Floor | Appleton Medical Center, ThedaCare | Appleton, WI | June – August 2014
- Certified Nursing Assistant, Home Healthcare | BrightStar Care | Madison, WI | February – June 2014
- Team Advisor, National Student Leadership Conference | Berkeley, CA | June – August 2013
- Certified Nursing Assistant, Long Term Care | Appleton Health Care Center | Appleton, WI | May – August 2012
Volunteer and Other Experience
- Physiology Course Lab Volunteer and Tutor, UW-Madison | Madison, WI | 2014 – 2015
- Volunteers for Intercultural and Definitive Adventures (VIDA) Medical Mission Trip | Nicaragua | 2013
- Undergraduate Research Asst. in Dept. of Comparative Biosciences, UW-Madison School of Veterinary Medicine | Madison, WI | 2012 – 2014
- American Academy of Physician Assistants, Fellow Member